Labor law includes all aspects of employer-employee relationships. Our attorneys practicing in this area serve as general counsel to numerous private and public sector employers and on a referral basis for other clients and attorneys.
In representing our clients, our lawyers practicing in this area:
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Prepare contract provisions for those agreements
- Participate in labor-management committees on behalf of employers and advise employer members of labor-management committees
- Provide advice in preparation for anticipated strikes
- Provide a full range of legal services concerning our clients’ responsibilities under various federal and state laws, especially to prevent violations We also represent our labor law clients in various litigated matters , including:
- National Labor Relations Board and New York State Employment Public Relations Board matters
- Arbitrations regarding employee grievances
- All types of discrimination claims
- Unemployment insurance claims
- Strike and strike-related matters
Please feel free to contact J. Lawrence Paltrowitz who engages in this practice.